Message from Our CEO
January 10, 2018
We are already off and running in 2018 with a great list of accomplishments and a long list on deck for this new year! I am pleased to report we are poised for another successful year at Rapattoni Corporation as our diverse product offerings keep us on our toes navigating the ever-changing world of Real Estate technology.
Our latest version of the product that started it all, Rapattoni Magic-Cloud AMS, continues its blaze through the industry with ongoing enhancements and features. Our teams are meeting the demands as we approach our 100th install of Cloud AMS since our first installation in January 2016. The Rapattoni MLS also had a banner year of enhancements in 2017, with a big round of user experience (UX) improvements as well as some exciting alternatives for those considering a “Vendor of Choice” solution.
We celebrated the 30th Rapattoni Anniversary of Madeleine Talbot-Leighton (Product Manager) in November 2017 and we have several big anniversaries coming up in 2018, including one 35 year, one 25 year, three 20 year, and two 15 year milestone events. These tenure numbers are unheard of by today’s standards, but have become commonplace at Rapattoni. As we began to further analyze our tenure statistics we found these even more amazing numbers; 46% of Rapattoni staff have been with us over 10 years, 16% over 15 years, and our leadership team represents 256 combined years of service. As the CEO of a 47-year-old startup company, these numbers warmed my heart and I am so proud to be surrounded by such a loyal and committed group.
We are excited to announce the largest installation of Rapattoni MLS! We have been calling it “The Miami Project” since last June when we started on this adventure. On December 27, 2017, the Miami Association of REALTORS® announced the launch of Rapattoni MLS in a program allowing their members to choose between Rapattoni MLS and Matrix MLS. We are honored to have partnered with the Miami Association of REALTORS® for this new take on the industry’s classic concept of allowing members to choose their interface. This project has taken a huge coordinated effort between all involved parties. Our new Rapattoni MLS Vendor of Choice implementation can scale to any size MLS, in any market. As associations continue to deal with MLS regionalization, this solution offers options for a growing number in the industry. Click here to learn more about Rapattoni MLS Vendor of Choice.
Here are some of our accomplishments in 2017 as well as what is on deck for 2018:
- We continue to deliver the most wanted new features for Rapattoni Magic-Cloud AMS. The Version 2.1 upgrade, now underway for all customers, includes a long list of updates that can be viewed here. Highlights include:
- Improved Credit Card Integration
- New Payment Workflow with AMS/IMS Integration
- Redesigned Accounts/Receivable Forms
- Real-Time Calculated “Amount” Columns
- Framework for Payment Plans
- New Rapattoni Magic Membership API
- Our upcoming Cloud AMS releases will include:
- CDB Education Imports will retrieve and process education history from NRDS to update class registrations.
- Configurable Payment Plans will add the ability to split outstanding bills into multiple payments. Members will be able to select available payment plans via IMS (e.g., split payment, monthly, quarterly or pay in full), with auto-debiting of future payments.
- AMS Data Dashboard will serve as a configurable dashboard that graphically displays active membership counts, total revenue for each billing group, and a calendar of upcoming events and meetings.
- Automated Functions will allow staff to automate manual functions like accounting batch creation and auto-generated email notifications for class meetings, reminder notices, payment due, birthdays, etc.
- And more…
- Rapattoni MLS has also benefitted from some huge updates over the past year:
- Our new Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system was customized and installed for each MLS customer in 2017 and has been extremely well received. It includes a modern design and responsive interface geared to touch-based mobile devices, with lead generation and a host of powerful features.
- A series of new mapping enhancements and tools were released, including options for searching on Open Houses, Broker Tours, and Hotsheets using Google Maps™.
- Our new “Find Me” feature was unveiled in 2017 and is now available for Map Searches in both the Mobile MLS and Desktop MLS for phones, tablets, and other supported devices.
- The new Client Portal Activity Module was released last fall, along with a stylish new Client Portal design.
- Additional user experience (UX) improvements were implemented for numerous features such as See My Listings, Agent Information, Office Information, Auto-Prospecting Emails, and so forth.
- New third party integrations with RatePlug, Agent Inbox, and the Zillow Data Dashboard are now available.
- In the first quarter of 2018, Rapattoni MLS will release:
- Agent Custom Report Writer – This all-new module includes an intuitive interface and powerful tools for creating professional-looking flyers and other custom reports.
- Increased Search Results Limits
- Support for International Phone Numbers in Contact Records
- Our role in the RESO (Real Estate Standards Organization) Data Dictionary project has continued to expand:
- In 2017, Rapattoni became the first vendor to partner with MLS associations to achieve RESO Data Dictionary v1.6 Platinum certification.
- Rapattoni continues to pave the way in data standards, working with numerous MLS associations to achieve the highest level of certification available (v1.6 Platinum).
- Rapattoni EVP/CTO Brian Tepfer helped create RESO’s new Membership Data Dictionary workgroup and is serving as the chair to guide RESO through creating the first Membership specific Data Dictionary.
We have much more going on but that is enough for now! We look forward to seeing you at the many upcoming conferences and events this year, and please feel free to contact our Sales team if you’d like more information on any of our products. We hope you enjoyed the holidays and may 2018 be spectacular in every way!
Chief Executive Officer
And Team Rapattoni